We sailed under heavy gray skies from Rum this morning after quite a late start, after being warned that a wet, rough day at sea was the forecast. Luckily it wasn't as bad as predicted, except when a gust of wind heeled the boat over quite suddenly and I ended my hour long observation at the mast quite wet. Ten minutes later when I was on my break, blue skies and sunshine. This evening we are anchored at Bunessan, Mull. Today was also Doris's birthday, so the finale to supper was a delicious cake and custard, along with a double rainbow as the sky cleared after another rain shower. Tonight's trip ashore was to the Argyll Arms pub, for a evening of socializing and bizarre conversations. Now I am back on the boat, in bed, exhausted.
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment