Saturday, May 30, 2009

Sun & Sea


After a night of much needed sleep, I was greeted by blue skies and sunshine this morning. Walked into Tobermory and went to Sea Life Surveys and hopped onboard for today's adventure. I am the guinea pig of this new volunteer program and they didn't know what quite to do with me today, but let me "observe". So I got to play tourist for a 6 hour tour, not bad really. Unfortunately today we were not treated to any special sightings. A few porpoise and seals, but no minke whales or basking sharks. We did venture to the cairns of Coll, which are gorgeous. White sands and blue-green waters. Lovely. Arrived back into Tobermory late afternoon, in time to see the seaplane land.

Currently relaxing in my tent after a very warm hike back to the campground. I got a lot of sun today and it ended up getting very warm.

I plan to venture back into town for the ceildh tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment