Well, it is after midnight now and I have been going nonstop since 9 am this morning, after only 3 hours sleep. My mind just kept racing last night with all the things I had to do. But I woke up to a lovely bunch of emails from my wonderful friends, with well wishes for the journey ahead. As I was getting ready for my 10am Environmental Science final exam, I also received a few phone calls, which helped me cross a few things on my To Do List. I also received another email from the Hebridean Whale and Dolphin Trust http://www.hwdt.org/, who from now on I will refer to as HWDT. They are the non-profit organization I am volunteering for this summer. (Note: Last September I was a paying volunteer aboard their research yacht Silurian....and if anyone who knows me and talked to me in lets say,hmmm, the last 8 months, knows what a spectacular time I had!!!!) As I was saying, I received an email from them confirming I get to go on not only one trip aboard Silurian, but TWO!!!!! trips!!!! How absolutely fantastic is that!!!! I was asked if I was "keen" to join an expedition and I thought what a silly question!!!! It's bloody BRILLIANT!!!!! So, I will arrive in the village of Tobermory, Isle of Mull, Scotland next Tuesday night. I will only have 5 days before I board Silurian for an expedition followed by another one not long after.
And no worries, I might not be able to post photos while sailing the Hebridean seas, but as long as I have a cell phone signal, I can post entries to the blog. Technology can be pretty darn cool sometimes!!!
I have enjoyed taking a moment and writing this entry, but I realize I need to get packing!!! I will not be sleeping tonight and I have a Biology exam at 8am, but I still have so much to do!!! I know it will get done, but not if I keep typing away. I will be in airport limbo all afternoon and evening, so I will have time to rest then. Thank you for letting me share this experience with y'all.
I would also like to send a few special notes to a few of you:
Shelby: You are a beautiful, brilliant shining light in my life!
Jana: Thank you for being such a wonderful person to talk to!
Sandy: You are strong and loyal friend. Be brave!!!!
And dear Diana: Words cannot express how thankful I am that you will be looking after my precious Sydney this summer. I know you two will have lots of fun together!!!! Thank you!!!!
And most of all, to my MOM and DAD. Words cannot even begin to express how truly blessed I am.....I won the parent lottery with you Two. Thank you for the Love and all the wonderful opportunities and experiences you have given me!!!

Looking forward to your blog. What a wonderful way to keep a journal of everything. Lots of love and stay WARM.
ReplyDeleteKathy