WOW! Does not begin to describe the last 8 hours of my life.
I am currently laying in bed in a huge, historic mansion overlooking the Sound of Mull. I feel like I am in some surreal, alternate universe. How did I get here? Well, let me explain, shall I ?
Gemma, the education officer for HWDT, mentioned she was going to go give a talk/presentation in Drimnin, which is only 5 miles away from Tobermory by water, but 30 by car and ferry, and even though I can see the lights of Tobermory this evening in the distance, it feels worlds away. Anyways, I said I would like to go to the presentation if I could and only this afternoon I found out that it was okay that I could come. So I got an overnight bag together and helped carry some of the gear and drove down in Gemma's car to the Fishnish ferry to the mainland Loch Aline. When were foot passengers on the ferry and were meet my a local gentleman, Nick, who drove of us to Drimnin and was going to be attending the presentation. After driving 12 miles along the coast on a single lane track, among some spectacular scenery, we arrived at the local village hall, were the presentation was being held. We set up our gear and told to expect around 50 people, which is pretty much everyone who lives in the area! As we finished setting up, our hostess Lousie, arrived to take us to her place where we would be spending the night. Well, we arrived at her place....WOW.It is a huge mansion, estate, country house, gorgeous place. Something you would expect in a Jane Austen film. Absolutely surreal. We were shown our rooms upstairs and the views from the windows, amazing!
We were allowed to settle in and when we went downstairs' surprised with a gorgeous dinner in the huge, spectacular formal dining room. Absolutely delicious.
And later we arrived to the hall, and people began to arrive and raffle tickets sold. Gemma gave an amazing presentation and I got included a bit and afterwards had tea and sweets, and had an amazing time talking to everyone. Truly an amazing, one of a kind experience! I want to write more but it is getting late and quite tired.
Here I am in this posh place and at the foot of my bed is a huge wardrobe, which once I turn off the lights, I am afraid a lion name Aslan, might just appear! With that final thought, I wish you all goodnight!

No comments:
Post a Comment