I survived climbing up the mast to the crow's nest, 20 feet from the deck of the boat. I got rained on, chilled by strong winds, but the view was spectacular! The big challenge was after 3 1/2 hours, when I was numb, stiff, and shivering, I still had to get back down. But we were at anchor and I didn't have to hang on for dear life with waves tossing me around! Supper tonight is Shepard's pie, well technically it should be called cottage pie (its made with beef). We took a quick trip ashore and technically trespassed on Castle Dunvegan grounds, but we were ready to jump in the bushes if we saw anyone coming. We had no sightings today, but I enjoyed when my time in the crows nest, when the kittiwakes were circling nearby. They are my favorite seabird. The military presence in the minch was very strong today and we could hear the sonar all day on the hydrophone, but maybe we can escape them tomorrow on our way to Canna.
Friday, May 22, 2009
I Survived!
I survived climbing up the mast to the crow's nest, 20 feet from the deck of the boat. I got rained on, chilled by strong winds, but the view was spectacular! The big challenge was after 3 1/2 hours, when I was numb, stiff, and shivering, I still had to get back down. But we were at anchor and I didn't have to hang on for dear life with waves tossing me around! Supper tonight is Shepard's pie, well technically it should be called cottage pie (its made with beef). We took a quick trip ashore and technically trespassed on Castle Dunvegan grounds, but we were ready to jump in the bushes if we saw anyone coming. We had no sightings today, but I enjoyed when my time in the crows nest, when the kittiwakes were circling nearby. They are my favorite seabird. The military presence in the minch was very strong today and we could hear the sonar all day on the hydrophone, but maybe we can escape them tomorrow on our way to Canna.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment