Monday, May 11, 2009

On a Jet Plane

I have just boarded the plane and waiting for everyone else to board. This flight goes to Amsterdam, then onto Mumbai, India. Looks like it will be a full plane. I am so excited and I am on my way again across the Atlantic Ocean. Hopefully I can sleep a bit, so I am not a total zombie when I arrive in Glasgow. Once I gather my luggage at the airport in Glasgow, I have about 4 hours till the train. So I think I will hang out a bit at the airport, instead of the train station. I then catch the Glasgow Flyer bus into the city to the Queen Street train station and board the train to Oban, which takes about 3 hours. Then on a 45 minute ferry to Craignure on the Isle of Mull, then a 45 minute bus ride to the north to the village of Tobermory. At this point I will gather the keys at Posh Nosh Cafe to Wee Barra Cottage, where I will stay for 3 nights. Then for 2 nights I will move to a BB. I have my tent and sleeping bag, but I think it would be best to have a bed and indoor plumbing as I settle in and conquer jetlag. I only have 5 nights on land until I board Silurian and sail around, so I thought I would stay indoors! There will be a whole summer to camp and play hippie!

Got to go, getting ready to take off!

1 comment:

  1. Danielle you are so very brave!!! I am so excited for you too what a wonderful adventure. I think the indoor plumbing was a very good choice. As I'm writing this I am picturing you snoozing in your seat on the airplane with a contented smile on your face. By the way, Barnes and Noble close by -you picked the right apartment - I'm going to have to jump in my KIA and come for a visit. Enjoy and savour every minute Danielle!!!

    Love,
    Auntie Shelby

    ReplyDelete