
Today was a relaxing, down day as I spent it in the office, catching up on downloading, uploading, deleting, adding, and updating by blog, Facebook and various other computer things. I was pleasantly surprised how good some of my photos turned out, once I saw them on the computer monitor, compared to the display screen on the camera. Had fun matching photos with past blog entries, so everyone can get a visual idea about what I was describing in words. Also uploaded my dolphin videos, which I had time to post a few to YouTube. Have several more to upload, but it takes quite awhile. Lyn arrived back from a morning adventure at the sea eagle hide and came with delicious chocolate and Orkney ice cream. The rest of the day flew by and around later in the evening, went and sat on the harbor bench by the car park and enjoyed survey the local activity. Lyn mission was to see the otter, but after we had sat there for 2 hours without any luck, I was ready to head back to my tent and use the remaining daylight to read a book edited by Silurian's skipper Glen, on Scottish sea stories, that I borrowed from HWDT. As I was getting ready to go, the paddle boat, Waverly, arrived and I stayed to watch that, but as it leaved the harbor again, Sighting! OTTER! We tracked him swimming thru the harbor, but he soon disappeared. As I was sitting on the rocks, a cat came leaping over to me and demanded my attention. Have I mention that since I have been in Scotland, cats have been strangely attracted to me. They have started following me around at times. Very bizarre.
We spotted the otter again and we raced back down the sea wall and we were treated to an amazing site. The otter caught a fish in the sea weed right below us and climbed up and onto a rock, and munched on the fish for the next 2 minutes. Awesome site and I got it all on video! So I will be sharing that soon on YouTube.
My day ends with a serene twilight on a summer evening.
YouTube link to an Saturday evening scene in Tobermory:
We spotted the otter again and we raced back down the sea wall and we were treated to an amazing site. The otter caught a fish in the sea weed right below us and climbed up and onto a rock, and munched on the fish for the next 2 minutes. Awesome site and I got it all on video! So I will be sharing that soon on YouTube.
My day ends with a serene twilight on a summer evening.
YouTube link to an Saturday evening scene in Tobermory:

No comments:
Post a Comment