Monday, May 25, 2009

Back on the isle of Mull

We sailed into Tobermory harbor midmorning and all got assigned cleaning duties. It started to drizzle out and when we took our belongings off Silurian, we got a bit wet, seeking shelter near the harbor association building. The crew then moved Silurian from the pontoon out to a buoy in the harbor. When they got back to land on the raft, we all said our goodbyes, farewells, and see you soon (in my case at least as this is currently my home). Some hopped on the bus, some in their own cars, and hurried on their way to catch 2 different ferries. Lyn, one of Silurian volunteers, will be staying in Tobermory until next Sunday, so we set off together to drop of our stuff and for me to see if there was a spot for me at the hostel. No one was in the office until 5pm. So I used my secret key to get into the HWDT office and took the opportunity to get on the computer and be inside out of the rain. Later went to the deli and grabbed a bun and sweet, and sat under the clock tower in the mist, eating my lunch. Spent the rest of the afternoon in the office and got a phone call from my brother and had a great conversation.



Later Lyn and I went to the TIC and got some tourist stuff, like bus timetables and such and tentitivly planned what we might like to do the next 2 days. So tomorrow looks like a torosay & duart castle day and Tuesday might be a trek to the holy isle of Iona.



The evening was finished off with a nice supper at the Posh Nosh then a wonderful stroll through Tobermory. Beautiful scenery, a stalker cat, otter playing in the harbor... I must be dreaming this all, I can't believe that I am actually here!



Wednesday I will start training with Morven, volunteer coordinator, and possibly on Tuesday I might get to go with Gemma, the education officer, to an overnight trip to give a presentation about HWDT.



So everyday, every moment is a blessed gift and I cherish each one.



Good night and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment