Friday, May 22, 2009

Brilliant!!! Sun, Canna, Minke, COMMON DOLPHINS


Blue skies, sunshine, and just a gorgeous day! Minke whale sighting and surrounded be a large group of common dolphins!! BRILLIANT!! As we sailed closer to the isle of Canna, I felt common dolphin energy. I just knew we would see them, this was where I saw them exactly 8 months ago. When I was listening to the hydrophone I thought I heard very faint dolphin whistles. Then when I was keeping track of boats and birds--SPLASH! Sighting!!! Common dolphins!!! The gannets were diving from the sky above, as the dolphins jumped and splashed below. And soon enough they came to visit the boat and bow ride and surface right next to the boat! BRILLIANT!!! After 5 days of waiting it was worth it! Standing on the bow with dolphins below and surfacing beside, with their whistles and clicks, music to my ears!!



As soon as we anchored in Canna for the evening, we went ashore for a lovely walk on an absolutely gorgeous evening.



Supper of risotto, finished off with fresh from the oven brownies and custard.



It was a long, exhausting thrilling day, and after much talk about today's (Friday) excitement, we all went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment