As I was the only B&B guest, I was absolutely spoiled at breakfast. My hosts, Pauline and Phil are wonderfully friendly and fantastic chefs! The morning had me driving north to Ullapool along some more breathtaking scenery. Each time I think I have seen the most incredible vista imaginable, the Highlands keep coming up with more more more. As I neared Ullapool, I had a few hours until I had to rendezvous at the ferry terminal, so I went for a fantastic walk in the Lael woodlands.
In Ullapool I met up with members from SNH and RSPB for the Wildlife from the Ferry event. The ferry was delayed over 1 hour, but it eventually arrived and then we departed for Stornoway on the isle of Lewis and back again. We stood on deck and visited with the passengers and kept an I put for cetaceans and seabirds. It was a good evening and arrived back into Ullapool only an hour and half late. The next 3 hours had me driving back south very slowly as I kept an eye out for the numerous deer. I had the road to myself the whole way to Armadale on the isle of Skye.

No comments:
Post a Comment