I am watching the yellow orb of a nearly full moon, slowly rise above the hills and trees outside my window and over the harbour of Tobermory. As it passes behind the dark, blue clouds of evening, the colors combine to make a halo of pink in the sky. It is a marvelous site after a fantastic day.
A quiet morning of light rain.
Afternoon on the beach, teaching children about "Duncan" the bottlenose dolphin. Making sandcastles and sculptures. Throwing rocks for a dog.
Spectacular evening spent hiking a new trail. Getting a new view and perspective of the place I am blessed to call home. Great friends, fantastic conversation, and delicious picnic.
Arrive back home: shower, PJs, and a good book.
Moonrise.......goodnight.

Missed you in Tobermory this Saturday - didn't know where to go to find you. We only had a couple of hours, so walked the length of the waterfront in search of something to do with dolphins ... only to find toy stores & iced cream. We settled for iced cream. It was quite good iced cream. ;)
ReplyDeleteSorry I missed you guys!!! I actually went to Oban on Saturday to represent HWDT at the Classic Malts yeacht event. Had planned to just be there for the morning, but it ended up being longer! Came back in late afternoon. The HWDT shop in Tobermory is on the waterfront, by the clock tower, just 2 doors down from the ice cream....but the shop wasn't open because I was in Oban!!! Hope you had a great weekend!!!
ReplyDelete'DOH! We had a FABULOUS weekend! We took hundreds and hundreds of pictures (OK, 522 that we kept, plus video! We'll be doing it again, though, because ... well, because Glasgow is GRIM!
ReplyDeleteAll that west coast colour sunk in, eh? Taking too many pictures isn't a sin, taking too few may be! Glad you had a FABULOUS weekend and visit again!!! There is PLENTY to do!!!!
ReplyDeleteCheers!