Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Metamorphosis: The Butterfly Effect


Butterflies are powerful symbols for transformation and change throughout many traditions and belief systems.

In the caterpillar stage I was stuck with ideas I didn't like or behaviours or paranoias I wanted to change.

In the cocoon stage sometimes not a lot appeared to be happening although subconsciously and consciously ideas were gestating and changing. I felt a bit lost at this stage.

Then comes the final transformation to beautiful colourful floating butterfly. The wings pump with blood and I am free to float into my new world, flying about seeing things from a whole new perspective.

I state my intention to flutter through life in joy. The butterfly teaches me that patience brings its rewards and as long as I keep working and developing myself, the final glorious butterfly stage will come.

To live like a butterfly is to set my target like an archer--joy is my goal, joy is my reality, joy will come, joy is here now.

When one morning I open my curtains and a butterfly flutters up, I know that a glorious change is taking place in my life. I see the butterfly flutter its wings, almost dancing along. This is what the butterfly teaches, that true joy is within the dance of life.

2 comments:

  1. And that you can fly thousands of miles, just to lay eggs on a milkweed? ;)

    Glad you're settling in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the different perspective again! Always appreciated!!!

    ReplyDelete