
Morning rain has cleared and the sun is shining. I have rented/hired a car. And its a manual! I just did a hill start too. I can drive (almost)!
Kathryn and I left Kyle of Lochalsh and drove across the Skye bridge to the isle of Skye. It was very misty and gray, which was okay, except it was hiding all the incredible scenery.
Stopped in Portree and did a quick exploration and got some deluxe hot chocolate.
The rest of the day had me facing the challenge of driving after 2 months vacation from driving, but facing the challenge of driving on the other side of the road and car and a manual. I have gained confidence driving throughout the day (no major accidents and only stalled once). At least the car is decent. The landscape is gorgeous beyond belief. Mountains, waterfalls, infinite hues of greens and browns. Amazing.
Was able to find a spectacular camping spot with the Red Cullin mountains looming above and got the tent set up before the rain returned.
Now have gone on a stake out to see if we can see a Scottish wildcat or some pine martins.
Rain and midges in the forest!
Time to grab some supper.
Supper at pub. Roast lamb and mind games.
Dessert in the car as it is pouring and very windy. Will run to tent when it stops a bit.
Goodnight.

No comments:
Post a Comment