Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Mission Accomplished


Today was long and nonstop, but I did accomplish the monumental task of solving my log in problems to several programs, which I need to be able to access for classes.

This mornings double chemistry lecture continues in the realm of quantum theory. Pesky electron shells. Also had introduction chemistry lab practical this afternoon.

The highlight today was Geology. Who knew rock were so much fun ;-)

Today continued to be gray and wet, but the next 2 days are forcasted to be clear skies, but cold......I don't know why I check the forecast, it has nothing to do with reality. I guess I am used to living in the middle of the continent, where weather patterns are more stable, well, at least predictable. Here on the west coast of Scotland, there are so many micro climates, I really do believe it is nearly impossible to have an accurate forecast. Might as well have 50/50 chance of any weather. As we learned in Chem lab today, you need to be aware of your analytical uncertainty...it is always important to estimate how uncertain your measurements are....this is where Precision and Accuracy come into play......enough Uni for now, its nearly bedtime.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to Scotland, where the weather ... is all-important, discussed everywhere, by everyone, all of the time.

    Check out this article and you'll see why you're reading about subatomic particles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, weather. Today was lovely, saw blue sky and sunshine, but the air is a bit more crisp too.

    Thanks for the article.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete