Well, the ferry has arrived and is boarding now. I look forward to the sail over to Mull, as it is a beautiful morning. Will be on the look out for the ever dependable Harbour porpoise and been told that Common Dolphins have been in the area, so I hope to see them.
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Ferry to Mull
Slept well and woke to the sound of the rooster making his morning calls. Got a ride into Oban and now waiting to get on the ferry to Craignure, Mull. The lounge at the ferry terminal is FULL. Everyone is standing in line waiting for a ferry that hasn't even arrived yet. I got my ticket and like a relaxed "local" went and grabbed a seat and will let the crowd board first......but I must say I will be the first one off the ferry, so I can beat the crowds and get a seat on the bus to Tobermory. I will have 4 hours in Tob and then I will repeat the journey back to Oban much more bulky than this morning with my gear.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Welcome back! Hope you've had enough sunshine to keep you through the darkness!
ReplyDeleteWhere are you going to school, if you don't mind my asking?
Thanks! Glad to be back and enjoying the varied weather.
ReplyDeleteI will be going to school at UHI-SAMS and studying Marine Science.
Check out www.sams.ac.uk or here http://bsc.sams.ac.uk/bsc_site/course-details.
I am really excited and start Induction/Orientation on Thursday afternoon, and classes on Monday.
So, you're back in Oban, then? Hope you brought warm boots back!
ReplyDeleteI brought everything back, except warm boots...several pairs or shoes though, including some hiking boots. I do need to purchase some good quality wellies ASAP, preferably with steel toe caps. I actually live about 10 miles north of Oban, but "Oban area".
ReplyDelete