
My first week at Uni went well and I feel I have a handle on things, except in Chemistry. Our first lecture was an introduction to the basic principles, such as atoms and molecules......the second lecture delved into quantum physics.....did I miss something?

Umm... did it go past protons, neutrons, and electrons first? Or straight from Oxygen to quarks and leptons, muons and nuons and gluons, etc?
ReplyDeletethis mornings double chemistry lecture continues to go beyond my head. All this stuff is familiar, but he is going through all this material at such a rapid pace! does he not see our blank, confused stares? today say electron shells, orbits, orbitals, sub-orbitals and he wants this all memorized ASAP becomes upcoming lectures build on all these principles. At least I wasn't totally clueless with the 3hr chem lab this afternoon.
ReplyDeleteAhh, yes: chemistry for those who 1) should have had it in high school, or 2) ought to think hard about whether they're willing to study hard enough to make it.
ReplyDeleteI had the experience that one of my earliest professors, in my master's program, was just horrendously hard. We had him again, the next year, and he was incredibly nice. He said, "well, of course! My job was to weed out the ones who couldn't cut it!"
Hang in there.
well, i will just have to focus and study alot for chemistry. build a good knowledge base/foundation, but so quickly? yikes ;-)
ReplyDelete