


Well, weather in Scotland never fails to surprise. Today was an absolutely stunning, warm, sunny day! I did laundry and enjoyed hanging it outside on the line to dry, as the happy birds in the trees above sang cheerful songs. I made the rabbits day by feeding him some of his favorite green things from the garden. Even the chickens were sunbathing today and must have been happy, because the egg count was good this evening. All afternoon I toiled in the garden (got the blisters to prove it!), but it was just an excuse to play in the dirt and soak up some sun. There was no way I was spending today inside (even if it was in the sun room!) studying and writing essays. It is Easter break after all and how often does a day like this come along? I think the last fine day was back in mid-October. It is amazing I don't resemble a mushroom after living in the damp, dark place that is Scotland in the winter. But for today at least,
IT IS SPRING!!!!!
How great!! I am happy for you! Wish we were there with you! Love, Mom xoxox
ReplyDeleteSpring for a day, indeed! Wondering when the snow's coming back....
ReplyDeleteYAY!!! I feel like a mushroom even though I'm in sunny California...we've had more rain than we've had in a long time so it's been a cooler and wetter winter than normal...I'm such a weather weanie!!!!
ReplyDeleteIt has been a unusal winter as far as weather is concerned, but days like yesterday make forgot all those awful weather days. I am looking forward to more proper Spring days, but according to the weather forecast I might have to wait awhile :)
ReplyDeleteLovely daffodils. Your gardens look way more like spring than mine! We've had strange weathr too but isn't it grand when the sun is warm and you can work in the gardens?
ReplyDelete