We had snow last night as well, but up in the hills. Wet snowflakes have began to fall at sea level this evening. The cold and that North wind are not pleasant, and even though I am sitting next to the wood stove at the moment, I still haven't thawed. Wish I took my Easter break in Oklahoma...it was suppose to reach 85 degrees F today. I can just imagine sitting on the patio soaking up the warmth. Sigh, I need to get a sauna, that might help!
Horrible, horrible weather. My daughter's school orchestra trip to Orkney was cancelled at the last minute today. Forecast of heavy snow on the A9, and atrocious seas in the Pentland Firth.
Sorry to hear that. A trip to Orkney, in fine weather, would be grand. Looks like the East is going to get the worse of it, blowing cold from the North Sea. Lost power this afternoon, probably from the wind knocking down trees and it is suppose to get worse overnight. Well, as long as the wood stove keeps things warm, I'm okay!
We got snow last night, and it's been snowing off and on all day today, here in Glasgow. NOT a pleasant return to Winter!
ReplyDeleteWe had snow last night as well, but up in the hills. Wet snowflakes have began to fall at sea level this evening. The cold and that North wind are not pleasant, and even though I am sitting next to the wood stove at the moment, I still haven't thawed. Wish I took my Easter break in Oklahoma...it was suppose to reach 85 degrees F today. I can just imagine sitting on the patio soaking up the warmth. Sigh, I need to get a sauna, that might help!
ReplyDeleteHorrible, horrible weather. My daughter's school orchestra trip to Orkney was cancelled at the last minute today. Forecast of heavy snow on the A9, and atrocious seas in the Pentland Firth.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear that. A trip to Orkney, in fine weather, would be grand. Looks like the East is going to get the worse of it, blowing cold from the North Sea. Lost power this afternoon, probably from the wind knocking down trees and it is suppose to get worse overnight. Well, as long as the wood stove keeps things warm, I'm okay!
ReplyDelete