Friday, July 9, 2010

Flounder for Supper


Received a flounder for dinner. It was interesting trying to figure out how to fillet a flat fish!
It was delicious and even the raven enjoyed some leftovers!

4 comments:

  1. Did NOT feed the ravens. When the fish was clean, the tide cleans the rocks and the carcass was thrown into sea to sink (and not to attract bears and wolves). These ravens just happen to catch us cleaning fish and went to investigate what we were up to and got the flounder, or what little remained of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh. :)

    Of course, I'd have been tempted to feed them....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, at this remote camp I was at, the goal is to have as little effect on the "wild" animals as possible. But where the main camp is, 2 people live year round in a cabin for the last 10 years and the ravens, being smart as they are, have things figured out. I wouldn't call them tame, but very clever. They are always watching what is going on, seeming to appear out of know where. They had 3 chicks this year and they are very curious.

    ReplyDelete