Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Deer Encounter


Today I had a mouse crawling under my tent. It was a challenge to get out of the tent without squishing it and I then unstaked the tent, the mouse making a quick escape once the tent was moved.

Later, on my walk back to camp along the shore, I heard a branch snap in the trees nearby. Something was coming down the game trail nearby. I didn’t know whether to grab my camera or the bear spray (for protection and to be used only in close range of aggressive bear, or wolves).

A beautiful deer stepped out of the undergrowth of salal bushes. The doe and I gazed at each other. She did not find me a threat as she continued to walk towards me. For a deer, who rarely if ever sees humans she showed amazing poise, giving my an amazing gift of such a special encounter.

YouTube Video of the Deer

No comments:

Post a Comment