Today I saw something truly amazing. For 2 hours I observed a Humpback Whale breach 83 times , with 5 breaks were the whale slapped its’ large pectoral fins on the water’s surface. The amount of energy and effort to propel a HUGE whale from the water is simply spectacular.
I also had a close encounter with a mink. I was sitting on some rocks by the water’s edge, when I noticed what appeared to be a stick swimming towards me. A tan coloured mink crawled out of the water beneath me. It shook some saltwater off its body, hopped onto a rock covered in seaweed beside me, rubbing its coat dry, then together we sat in the sun, enjoying the sun’s warmth. After warming up, it slide back into the water in search of some food, which an unlucky fish was.

You know, I wouldn't want a coat made from that guy. He just looks ... a bit ratty.
ReplyDelete(p.s. - would you consider going back to the old-style comments, where commentary doesn't require multiple pages, redirects, and forms which don't allow the use of the tab key? Using the mouse is just irritating.)
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't want a coat made out of mink either, but his coat is just wet at the moment as he had been in the water diving and swimming for supper, which he is enjoying in this photo. When they are dry, doesn't look ratty.
ReplyDeleteP.S. I didn't know I changed the style of making comments on my blog entries. Currently the comment page is at the bottom of the blog entry pages, all on 1 page. Wonder if it is different for different user accounts?
I knew they swam in fresh water, but ... in the ocean?
ReplyDeleteP.S. No, you've likely always used this the new way, with the comments on the bottom of the post page. There are, though, two styles of this box, and the one you're using currently is growing in popularity ... except that it makes commenting more difficult, because the CAPTCHA doesn't come up until you click "post comment."
Mink seem pretty good at adapting to environment. Seem to like seafood!
ReplyDeleteI will see if I can change the CAPTCHA style. Thanks. Let me know if it works!