Monday, February 22, 2010

Winter Hike and Drive









Today was a gorgeous sunny day in Argyll. I took the opportunity to go for a hike and a drive. Winter is still here temperature-wise, but hints of Spring are beginning to show as the warmth of the sun heats the ground.

6 comments:

  1. These pictures are breathtaking. Wow. I'd say you've got a great eye for some great shots. I love the close ups of the snow/ice. I can't believe it looks like that. I guess I've never seen it close enough to notice how it can settle that way. I want to be on whatever road you were on. Sure does look a little different over here in the plains. Sad face here. My favorite shots are of the tree and the last one but I love them all. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks D, it's easy taking beautiful pictures of such a great subject :)

    Hey B,
    The snow and ice up on the hills was more like hoarfrost. It was coating most of the landscape up on the shady bits of the hill and I was lucky to get a few shots as examples. The road I was on is just a little single track road (about 7 miles long) from Barcaldine to Bonawe. I have been along it severla times, but always going in the other direction. This time when I came around the corner with the view of Loch Etive below, it was simply breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the closeups of the snow and rocks, and the snow on the sprig...I've never seen snow crystals so evident!!! And the top pic's a stunner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The snow/ice crystals were coating everything up on the hills I was hiking. It was lovely! New snow/sleet is expected the next fews days (starting tonight). I wonder if it will bring new photogenic frost? :) The top pic, features Ben Cruachan and Loch Etive, my favorite subject as I see it everyday and its' mood changes all the time. Plus it just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for clearing up the hoarfrost. I learned something new. :O) Very beautiful as are all of the other things pictured here. Jealous-that about sums up my feelings. Seeing your photos just makes me want to flee Lawton. Tear here.

    ReplyDelete