From the Land of Living Skies and Beyond ... Not all those who wander are lost, I'm exploring.
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Oklahoma Ice Storm
Starting Thursday night Oklahoma, especially the southwestern part of the state was hit with freezing rain, sleet, and snow. Days later the freezing temperatures keep the landscape encased in ice. The damage this ice storm has caused leaves many people in the dark, but displays Nature's amazing ability to create and destroy.
Winston does look a bit puzzled in that picture, but he looks like that most of the time! We had an ice storm in Oklahoma in 2007 which was quite bad, but nothing compared to this one. Driving through town, everyone's yards are piled with tree limbs and debris. Many people are without power still. I would believe anything this winter too! Whether in Scotland, Oklahoma, or Saskatchewan!!! I have seen it all!
Beautiful shots! Fell sorry for the dog, though. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks! Winston loves the snow and he thought the fountain was a giant snow cone!
ReplyDeleteVery interesting shots!!! Love the icicles...
ReplyDeletePoor puzzled dog!
ReplyDeleteYour ice storm is quite something - as you probably know we don't get them here (or not normally - I'd believe anything this winter).
Winston does look a bit puzzled in that picture, but he looks like that most of the time! We had an ice storm in Oklahoma in 2007 which was quite bad, but nothing compared to this one. Driving through town, everyone's yards are piled with tree limbs and debris. Many people are without power still. I would believe anything this winter too! Whether in Scotland, Oklahoma, or Saskatchewan!!! I have seen it all!
ReplyDelete