Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Solstice Light



Today I traveled across Scotland on the first day of winter to pick up a little piece of freedom, otherwise known as a car. I took some photos along the way. Sunrise over the hills on the way to Glasgow and sunset over Loch Earn. It was a great, freezing day!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Beautiful photos. I love the first one, the way the light fits over the mountain like a hat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures! It's only going to get brighter, from here on out, so if you can stand the cold you'll survive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am defintly looking forward to the days getting longer again. The sunrise was lovely this morning, but being on a moving train didn't really allow for many photo opportunities, so I just enjoyed the snow cover scenery. Driving through Perthshire this afternoon was great, minus my nerves of driving again. But now have some new ideas on places I want to go visit! Now I have a car to go explore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks!! Just quick snapshots along the way today

    ReplyDelete