Thursday, December 10, 2009

Nothing but Blue Skies


Where has the last 8 months gone? It seems to have zoomed by, but summer in Scotland is a vague memory. October and the nasty November weather made me start to go a bit insane, but I am better now, truly I am! (think what you like). There has been a few lovely days in between all the rain. I checked the forecast this morning and my suspicious nature is, well, making me suspicious that someone is playing a trick on me. The next 6 days are suppose to be rain free!!! Amazing! I will have to find sometime to get outside, in between getting my 10 minute presentation ready for Monday.

9 comments:

  1. Hope you're keeping warm over there on the coast - it's snowing in Glasgow (we're not there, but still keep in touch, because we have to go back in 3 weeks).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's freezing here!!! I am currently thawing out in front of the heater, so the numbing cold is a vague memory. I was on the train for a few hours this morning and it never did get warm. It may be freezing but the snow is great!!! The drive through Perhtshire was lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah - I've been hearing about it. I really don't envy you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I have a feeling the winter weather is going to hang around for awhile, so enjoy California and soak up as much warmth as you can!!! I look at it this way, if its really cold here, it usually means it clear and dry....which is so much better than clouds and endless rain, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're trying our best to burn as much wood as possible, while we're here. Our friends have two fireplaces, and I just bought 1/4 a cord of wood: I'm trying to burn it all before we leave, just to get warm enough to survive the snow and ick in Glasgow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the reminder! I need to go chop some more firewood! Unfortunatly I cannot use the chainsaw without a license here in Scotland. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does it cost anything to get the license?

    ReplyDelete
  8. don't know, but i can find out. probably does though, because you most likely have to get certified. so many rules for everything here

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm. Well ... do you own a chainsaw? I've been using a hydraulic splitter, here. Works great, if your wood isn't too long. Otherwise ... well, a chainsaw would be necessary.

    ReplyDelete