Thursday, December 17, 2009

Haggis and Christmas Trees

Tonight I made my first traditional Scottish supper of Haggis, Neeps & Tatties. My O' my it was delicious!!! I look forward to a breakfast of haggis on toast with red and brown sauce. MmmmMmmmGood.

Also got the two Christmas trees done up tonight. It is finally starting to feel like Christmas.
Watching this didn't hurt either!!!

Christmas Tree Video LINK

4 comments:

  1. Well done for making your first haggis, neeps and tatties! I think I'll make this for our New Year's dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such a simple meal and so delicious! I am tempted to make it a weekly meal :-) Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just discovered your blog through 'Scotland for the Senses'. Wish I had more time just now to read through it all from the start, but I am meant to be packing to travel north for Christmas and New Year (yes, even with today's forecast). We're not sure if we'll manage internet access in our north-of-the-Cairngorms retreat, so it may be a while before I can return.

    Anyway, I just wanted to say that I agreed with your comment about Scalloway Castle. To imagine that castle inhabited, with all of modern Scalloway cleared away and just the bare Shetland coast and the screaming wind...How I love Shetland!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda,
    Glad you found the blog and actually want to read it from the start!!! I use to write alot more, but than alot more was going on this summer with all my Hebridean adventures. Now all my 'spare' time is used studying. Have a wonderful holiday in the Cairngorms. I drove through Perthshire today and it was a winter wonderland. Have you visited Scalloway Castle yourself?

    ReplyDelete