This afternoon was spent with my parents exploring a bit more of the west coast of Scotland. Drove along Loch Etive, went for a walk in forested hills, and drove along the Lynn of Lorne and up to Loch Linnhe, with a stop to view Castle Stalker in its stunning location. Supper overlooking Loch Linnhe was a feast for the eye and belly. The finale on the drive home was a fantastic moonrise over the hills. What more can you ask for???
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Loch Linnhe & Castle Stalker
This afternoon was spent with my parents exploring a bit more of the west coast of Scotland. Drove along Loch Etive, went for a walk in forested hills, and drove along the Lynn of Lorne and up to Loch Linnhe, with a stop to view Castle Stalker in its stunning location. Supper overlooking Loch Linnhe was a feast for the eye and belly. The finale on the drive home was a fantastic moonrise over the hills. What more can you ask for???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Sounds like a great day -the photos are beautiful. Sigh. I need a day trip.
ReplyDeleteIt was a fabulous day and so was the day after. It is fun when you get to play tourist when you live here. If you need a day trip I highly recommend the west coast :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a neat little castle! I hope that you're keeping these pictures somewhere other than just in the blogs....
ReplyDeleteIts a great castle, it is featured in Monty Python and Highlander. Saw it again today on the way to Port Appin and the ferry over to Lismore. I keep pictures on Facebook, computer hardrive, external harddrive and memory card. I hope that is enough!
ReplyDelete