Monday, November 22, 2010

Autumn Hike in the Mountains

Wild flowers in November



The Great Pyrenees enjoying hiking in the mountains

Post Oak colors

Granite boulders and beautiful autumn colors

Close up of a fallen post oak leaf

Autumn colors through my sunglasses

Giant spider (it was HUGE!!!)

I am back in Oklahoma and enjoyed a gorgeous day hiking in the Wichita Mountains. The autumn colors were spectacular and feeling the sun's warmth under a amazing blue sky was a mighty blessing.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome leaf, awesome tree, and truly, truly awesome spider! Don't think you'd want to pick that guy up, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. The spider was actually kind of funny. Hiking out in the mountains, there is always a bit of paranoia about rattlesnakes. So I was hiking with my Dad and I saw the spider on the road and shouted and pointed, quite excitedly. He overreacted thinking there was a snake! Gotta stay alert, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete