Saturday, August 21, 2010

Nistowiak Falls





Nistowiak.

It is one of the most stunning places I have ever experienced.

It is one of the highest waterfalls in Saskatchewan, but it's not the height that makes it so spectacular. The roar of the cascading water traveling through the canyon. The exploding mist rising above the white-water, which lightly falls on my face, creating rainbows.

I also saw a duck surfing down the rapids, get caught in a eddy, take off in flight back to the top of the rapids and enjoy the ride once again. Looked like fun!

Nistowiak is the Cree word for convergence of waters.

Video of Nistowiak Falls
Video of Surfing Bird
Video of Nistowiak Falls and Rapids

5 comments:

  1. So, when are you coming back to Scotland?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh. Well, it's started to get a bit chilly. I'm sure you're ready for it, but ... it's always a bit of a shock, to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what an adventure you are having. Love the duck story. It's going to be a bit of a shock to be back in Scotland again, but I hope you'll still love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ticket booked and will be back to Scotland next week. Looking forward to it and more adventures to be had, even if they are in rainy and cold adventures, I will enjoy it.
    Amazing adventures no matter where I go! :) The surfing duck was incredible! I had mentioned about 10 minutes before seeing him, how cool it would be a duck, for example, surfing the whitewater, but if as I was floating down, if things got to crazy, I could just fly out of danger.....then I see a duck doing exactly what I said. Maybe it was lurking in the bushes and thought I had a good idea. I bet it taught the other ducks and maybe a few pelicans as well to surf Nistowiak. Wouldn't surprise me :)

    ReplyDelete